Welcome to Life Choices Counselling, and thank you for considering this counselling service. My name is Cheryl Johnson and I appreciate the opportunity to share with you my values and other information to assist you make a decision about whether this service is right for you.
What I Value
As a Social Worker, I uphold values of:
- Human dignity and worth
- Social justice
- Service to humanity
This means that:
- I am committed to confidentiality, honesty, reliability and impartiality in my counselling practice and interactions with clients.
- I undertake professional development to retain high-level counselling proficiency.
- I believe that every human has unique worth and that each person has a right to well-being, self-fulfilment and self-determination – consistent with the rights of others.
- I believe that all members of society are entitled to maximum benefit to afford them protection from harm.
- I believe that people should be allowed to develop their potential and meet their personal and social needs.
Life Choices Counselling offers services to assist people experiencing life issues relating to:
- Personal relationships
- Family Relationships
- Workplace relationships
- Obsessive compulsive disorders
- Grief and loss
- Sexual abuse
- Physical abuse
- Low confidence and self-esteem
- Life transitions (i.e. empty nesters; menopause; retirement; divorce etc)
- Children with challenging behaviours.